Terms & Conditions
None of the contents of these terms of business shall affect the consumer’s statutory rights.
Estimates & Quotations
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will provide customers with a verbal estimate as a rough estimate of the project cost. However it is only a guide and the detailed cost of the project is contained in the written invoice given when the order is confirmed.
2. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd can provide a written quotation which will include an overall figure for the project. The following items will be covered by the quotation:
The product cost and measurements including installation costs
Provision of underlay and accessories.
The position with ‘extras’ such as door bars, grippers, etc.
Moving of furniture and uplifting and removal of original floorcovering is not included unless specified. See The Installation.
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will carry out a detailed measure of the site for which a small charge may be made. This will be refundable against the Invoice value of the project if it goes ahead. If you decide not to buy there is no refund. This applies to Bespoke orders and to requests for a Quotation for Insurance purposes.
2. We cannot be held responsible for any difficulties created by inaccuracies in the customers own measurement of the project.
Delivery and Installation Deadlines
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will liaise closely with the consumer over delivery and installation dates to ensure that the consumer is not unduly inconvenienced if any problems occur.
2. When placing the order the consumer must inform Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd of any ‘Critical Deadlines’ by which time the order must be completed. Time of the Essence. This must be advised at Point of Sale.
3. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd cannot accept responsibility for delays outside the direct control of Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd.
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will require at least a 50% deposit on all orders on customer’s confirmation of the order. Special orders/Bespoke items may require full payment.
2. The balance of the total amount must be paid prior to or on completion of the delivery or installation.
3. Payment methods may include bank payment, cheque, credit card, debit card or cash. Outstanding amounts not paid will attract a 2.5% interest rate per month. The pursuit of consumers who fail to pay on time may lead to professional charges which may be passed on to the customer.
4. The re-presentation of dishonoured cheques will lead to a payment of £18 charged to the customer.
5. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd is not a Credit Broker and does not offer any Buy Now Pay Later facility.
6. The items supplied under this sale remains the property of Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd until payment is made in full.
Cancellation &; Refunds
1. When an order is placed a contract exists between the customer and Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd. Cancellations are not normally acceptable although in extenuating circumstances where the customer requests a refund of the deposit it will be considered. This will be less any charges for work already completed. There may also be a charge for the cost of the estimating or samples supplied. Extenuating circumstances will be defined by Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd. This does not apply to Special Orders or Bespoke orders. This also does not apply to items which have been fitted or used. Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
2. In such cases any deposit paid would be refundable (less any charges) Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will only deal with the names(s) on the invoice or a properly authorised or appointed representative of the initial recipient of the invoice.
3. Cancellations made for other reasons can lead to a full loss of deposit and charges for the customer for other work undertaken by Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd. Please note there is no Cooling Off Period for orders placed in a Store.
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will organise the delivery, installation if required, of your carpet/floorcovering using qualified fitters/contractors working in accordance with the manufacturers/suppliers recommended methods and the high standards of Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd.
2. The consumer is responsible for the condition of the sub-floor and if additional preparation work is needed to rectify undisclosed faults in the floor additional charges may be made for installation.
3. Any delays in carrying out the installation not within the reasonable control of Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will not be Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd’s responsibility.
4. If the installation is required outside the normal working hours a premium for overtime payments may be added.
5. The position of the wiring and piping in vulnerable places must be drawn to the attention of the Estimator/Fitter. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd cannot be held responsible for the accidental damage to pipe work or cables as a consequence of a failure on the customer’s part in this respect.
6. If requested by the consumer Geoff Keane Carpets will carry out ancillary tasks to complete the project. This will include:
Movement of furniture
Uplifting the old carpet and underlay
Dealing with skirting-board gaps
There can be charges associated with these tasks, the work content of which must be agreed prior to the production of the invoice.
Disconnecting, moving and reconnecting Cookers, Washing Machines, TVs, Hi-fis, computers, home cinemas, etc. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd advises that the customer engages a specialist person/organisation to undertake the removal or re-fitting of such items.
Door trimming and refitting. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd advises that the customer engages a specialist person/organisation to trim or refit doors or other carpentry such as skirting boards, etc.
7. If the project requires seaming it must be appreciated that it is impossible to achieve a completely invisible seam.
8. Any queries with installation should be referred to Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd as soon as possible.
9. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd’s Fitters/Delivery persons work to the high standards set by Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd. However the following should be noted:
Geoff Keane Carpet Ltd’s Fitters/Contractors will not enter any building or site if they feel that their safety is at risk. They carry out their work in accordance with Health & Safety legislation as a minimum. They will not accept any instruction which places them or others at risk. They will leave the site if this sort of instruction is made.
1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will provide a Free 1 Year Guarantee against installation. Outside these times consideration of a free service will be dependent upon the circumstances at that time and the nature of the service request. Due to a number of variables a carpet may ‘relax’ in the first few weeks following installation and this may require a re-stretch which Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will undertake at no cost. This should only be required once unless the carpet is moved or other localised cause. Guarantees and the Carpet Foundation Consumer Code of Practice 1. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will inform consumers of the guarantees which are provided for the products Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd sell. This is normally 1 year as a minimum. Certain extensions apply to manufacturers who are also members of the Carpet Foundation. Details on Request.
2. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd supports the Carpet Foundation Consumer Code of Practice and adopts its contents in order to ensure that the consumer is treated in accordance with the best selling practice in the UK.
Product Related Information
1. All carpet measurements are provided subject to a tolerance of plus or minus 1.25% in accordance with BS3665.
2. All types of carpet products may develop ‘Pile Reversal’ also described as Watermarking which is a localised change in the direction of pile lean which alters the pattern of reflect light to give a light and shade effect. This is a naturally occurring phenomenon which does not affect the carpet’s resistance to abrasive wear. Most manufacturers will not give any guarantee against Pile Reversal. However Carpet Foundation member manufacturers will consider rectification. Details on request.
3. On all carpet some tracking marks will occur in heavy traffic areas during the normal wear life of the carpet.
4. Berber and ‘Berber look’ carpet may contain some random flecks of colour which can sometimes create a lined effect which would not be apparent in a small sample.
5. Colour matching between different product batches, including different widths of carpets, cannot be guaranteed. The consumer must make it clear to Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd where exact colour matches are required.
6. Individual samples held by Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will be unlikely to be from current production batches and should only be used as a colour guide not an exact match. Where colour is critical Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will obtain a stock cutting if possible from the manufacturer/supplier.
7. When a new carpet is installed Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd recommends a suitable underlay as this can have a positive impact upon the wear life of the product.
8. The carpet/floor-covering must be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s or Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd’s recommendations.
a) Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will endeavour to deal with customer service enquiries as soon as possible and with the least inconvenience to our customer as possible. However there could be an occasion when our service or decisions require clarification. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will use the complaints conciliation and arbitration procedures set out in the Carpet Foundation Consumer Code of Practice. To help resolve any disputes Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will also liaise with any proper body or person engaged by the customer. Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd will require a written authority from the customer before we engage with a non-recognised organisation or person requested by the customer to deal with Geoff Keane Carpet Ltd on their behalf.
b) In the first instance any complaints about the product, service or the installation should be referred as soon as possible to Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd where every effort will be made to resolve the matter with the minimum of delay.
Your statutory rights are not reduced or diminished by any point made in these Terms of Business. These Terms cannot be varied by any employee of Geoff Keane Carpets Ltd.